Project Administrator Officer and Research Assistant
Work experience: 3 years
Involvement: 80% of time, 3-4 days per week
European Neighbourhood Council (ENC) is an independent think tank that conducts research and implements projects with the aim of strengthening a common European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), Enlargement Policy and the promotion of a Global Strategy for the European Union’s (EU) Foreign and Security Policy. ENC conducts research that aims towards improved dialogue and neighbourhood coordination among European Union (EU) Member States, EU Accession Countries, European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) countries, including also the ‘Neighbours of the Neighbours’ (Central Asian Republics, Gulf Cooperation Council, Iraq, Iran, and Sahel Countries). Website: http://www.encouncil.org/
European Neigbourhood Council (ENC) is announcing the position of Project Administrator Officer and Research Assistant.
The Project Administrator Officer and Research Assistant under the supervision of ENC managing director, will have the responsibility to oversee the implementation and produce reporting for the German MFA-funded project “Strengthening Business and Human Rights Awareness and Monitoring Capacity of Business and Civil Society Actors through Capacity Building” run by ENC (Belgium) and Minerva (Turkey). The overall objective of the project is to establish binding human rights due diligence obligations in Turkey and to generate awareness for responsible business practices. The aim is to enable actors from both the business community and civil society to build up the knowledge and necessary methods to guarantee human rights standards.
- Ensure high-quality and timely implementation and follow-up of the project
- Manage and coordinate day to day administrative, logistical and various aspects of the project to successfully implement the project.
- Ensure coordination between partners and with the donor. Attend meetings, take notes, and coordinate communication between project team members and partners.
- Regularly monitor that the project is implemented in accordance with this contract and stays within budget.
- Provide desk research, writing/editing from consultations, meetings and other data-collection/mapping
- Provide administrative and logistical support: scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and ensuring that the necessary materials and resources are available when needed.
- Support the Turkish partner in project implementation
- Assist with budgeting: request payments, plan and track budget spending, identify areas where cost savings can be realized.
- Support for project accounting, documentation. Ensure the collection of documentation required for reporting. Ensure receipt, verification and consolidation of project expenditure information, and prepare financial and narrative reports for donors.
- Prepare a grant proposal to expand the project (concept note/budget/timeline/logframe, etc).
- Inform the managing director about the progress of the project
- Complete any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Management
Skills and Experiences Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in coordinating projects funded by institutional donors
- Skills in human resource administration, logistics and procurement procedure
- Experience of reporting, project management and budget tracking
- Strong research skills
- Experience in preparing organizational documents, minutes, follow ups, project letter templates in powerpoint, word, etc.
- Experience in organization of project-related events, workshops, staff meetings, and general meetings, including dissemination of background documents.
- Experience in preparing monthly human resources documents (timesheets, request for payments, invoices)
- Experience in preparing terms of references for prospectives job announcements or procurement announcements
- Experience in arranging travel and hotel reservations.
- Advanced digital skills: Office, Internet, apps (Google, Microsoft services, Telegram). Cloud services (Zoom)
- Fluent oral/writing expression in English and Turkish.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and under deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Experience of working in Turkish NGOs is a plus
- Turkish language is a plus, English language is a necessity
- Freelancing for six month (start date 1 July 2023)
- 80% time of time: 3-4 days/week
- Contract until 31.12.2023 with the possibility of extension
- Office in Brussels, Belgium
- Remote work is possible (from Turkiye for example is an advantage)
How to apply: send your CV and one page cover letter to Ms Asuman Kubra Bas email@example.com addressing how your experience matches the requirements for this job.