Vacancy Announcement: ICT manager – Project Coordinator
European Neighbourhood Council (ENC) is an independent think tank that conducts research and implements projects with the aim of strengthening a common European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), Enlargement Policy and the promotion of a Global Strategy for the European Union’s (EU) Foreign and Security Policy. ENC conducts research that aims towards improved dialogue and neighbourhood coordination among European Union (EU) Member States, EU Accession Countries, European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) countries, including also the ‘Neighbours of the Neighbours’ (Central Asian Republics, Gulf Cooperation Council, Iraq, Iran, and Sahel Countries). Through research publications, partnerships, training and policy events – we aim to narrow the foreign policy gap between existing EU Member States, neighbouring countries, and Wider Europe. These efforts enhance shared European values of democracy, security, economic growth, and education, while guaranteeing a stable, diverse and developing Wider ENP. Represented cross-regionally by EU and non-EU members in our Academic Council, ENC scholars provide the guiding platform for our activities on an annual basis.
Under the supervision of the managing director, you have the responsibility to oversee the implementation and produce reporting for the EU-funded project in Kyrgyzstan.
- Ensure monitoring of the project
- Support partners in the field in project implementation
- Ensure collection of documentation necessary for reporting
- Report on the project implementation to the EU delegation in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Inform the managing director on the progress of the project
- Ensure quality and timely implementation and follow-up of the project
In coordination with the managing director you will work on fundraising and proposal development.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals
- Contribute to the development of fundraising documents (be it expression of Interests/ Concept Notes/ Proposals)
Skills and Experiences Needed:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in NGOs and/or think tanks
- 2-3 years of experience in coordinating projects funded by institutional donors
- Experience of working in Central Asian countries and/or with CA-based NGOs is a plus
- Experience of reporting, project management and budget tracking
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (logical framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Liaising with donors and facilitating synergies
- Fluent oral/writing expression in English and Russian. Good knowledge of French is a plus
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- 4 days/week (30 hours)
- Salary: 1,960 EUR (gross)/month
- Contract until 31.12.2022 with the possibility of extension
- Office in Brussels, Belgium
- Remote work is possible
Deadline: 31 August 2021
How to apply: send your CV and one page cover letter to Samuel Doveri Vesterbye email@example.com addressing how your experience matches the requirements for this job.